Bulba - The Nicest Guy in Esports?I'm here with Bulba from Team Secret how are you feeling about the Tournament so far?
-The tournament has been really good. Everything has been setup very well. The hotel is really nice, our practice room was amazing. For the actual tournament after Day 1 we felt really confident, practice was going well, everything was going good and then Day 2 we just got 0-6'd out of nowhere. It just kind of ruined our confidence I think after the 2nd day. We kind of knew what was wrong and then you lose two games and then you lose another two and then the last series on day 2 I think we were just destined to lose those games I think we would have lost to anyone because confidence was at an all time low. We learned some stuff over the night and next day. We played Newbee but we had shaky games against them and then finally we regrouped again and beat Liquid 2-0. Sadly.
Not sadly, that's good for you guys.
- Sadly for you guys though. And then we regained a lot of our confidence from that though and hopefully we'll do well in the losers bracket. It's not like it'll be impossible to do. We can definitely go far and place really well in the tournament. We can definitely get first still.
I think people are still expecting you to get out of the best of ones for sure.
- Yeah that's the number one goal right now. We have to take each match by itself.
How are you preparing for the main stage?
- Just the normal stuff. LGD was also very shaky so we don't really know what to expect from them. We'll just kind of see how it goes. Today we're going to practice and tomorrow as well.
Do you apply anything you learned as a coach while now being a player?
- Yeah I mean as a coach I learned a lot about the game probably the most I've learned about anything honestly and every time I coach I learn a lot and honestly I use it to become a better player as well. So I use it a lot. It's hard to do both though, to try to be a coach and a player because your opinion is very biased that you don't really see as a coach so that's way harder and affects you definitely, but I try to limit that and see the game from an unbiased opinion - but thats very hard. Fortunately we have two very good coaches with us as well with Aui and 1437 and I'm very good friends with both of them, so we talk about the game and just spend a lot of time talking.
Do you think it was good for you guys to have to go through the open and main qualifiers?
- Yeah it definitely was. I think, I mean we had to go through them, so it was a good learning experience and a big confidence boost. Starladder was also really good to go to, we had a bit of a shaky end against Na'Vi but it was pretty good to go to. We were still very confident. We were very confident up to that 2nd day of the groups, honestly.
Through the 0-6 and into the next day how did you try to keep your spirits up?
- It's very hard. We still had a chance because our group was very close. I don't think MVP won a single series I think.
They were 0-6-1 I think.
- Yeah something like that and they still managed to get into the winners bracket, if we had won one more game we would have had tiebreakers or if Newbee 2-0'd MVP we would have had tiebreakers which is kind of crazy. So there was a lot of random things, but at the end of the day we were dealt a card and with a score of 5-9 we are a loser bracket team. I think our morale is good now, though, and we have a captain that we believe in and we have very smart players on our team. Like Envy and myself, Aui and Rtz and we all talk about the game and Puppey also and Pie and Artour are also very smart. We're a very smart team we just need to put that in our play and we should be fine.
How are you finding this TI meta for the offlane?
- Honestly it's not very different. it hasn't changed much it's the same heroes. It's very hard to find new offlaners because of the laning stage. You can find new carry heroes and new Mid heroes and you can try all these funky offlane heroes but you go back to the stable ones. It's honestly been the same for every player, batriders and stuff.
It's just the other things that are changing?
- Yeah so other heroes are changing but the offlane is staying the same, which is both bad and good. You want to find new heroes but you can't. There's no more magical clockwerks you know?
Have there been any extra things to look out for in the offlane based on the new flavour heroes being picked?
- I mean it's very game dependent, some games you don't think very much you just auto-pilot and win the game but some games its very hard; they have like a night stalker or obviously a riki or beast master, batrider - anything that can just kill you. You need to think about it. Just think a lot for what you're playing because thinking is the most important thing.
I wont keep you too much longer, do you have anything you'd like to say to any of your fans?
- Shout out to my fans, and Shout out to LiquidDota. I still read your articles as much as I can, and thanks to everybody who supports us.
Alright good luck in your match against LGD.