Banana - Not Your Average StandinI'm here with Banana from LGD, you're standing in for September at this event, is there any added pressure on you because of that?
- I think there's no pressure but I'm concerned that I wont give enough help to my team.
You've played with Xiao8 in the past, you won TI4 with him, does that help you get acclimated to the team?
- I feel at ease here and I'm familiar with the environment so I don't feel much pressure and I'm very used to the team.
Does it help you knowing you've got Xiao8, Maybe, and the rest of LGD backing you up here?
- The first thing is we need experience, I need to play more and get as much experience as possible, knowing they have expectations for me as well I watch the replays of the other players. DotA is a game that really needs experience so we can work together better.
You'll be playing against Secret in the first round, are you prepared to play against them?
- These days we are resting, so there has been a lot of discussion, we will play our style, we will play what we have. Both we and Secret did not play well in the group stage so it's going to come down to who is better during the game and that's who will win.
Does Secret have any weakness that you plan to take advantage of?
- We will discuss and watch their plays over the last few days, we practiced with them quite a lot so we will find their weak points and we will work hard to take advantage of them during the game.
How much have the visa problems affected LGD?
- The heroes that September played are quite different from the heroes I play. The second thing is I have been the coach for LGD for quite a long time so I didn't practice DotA much. I just watched LGD and went over strategies with them. When I was informed that I had to sub in for September there was only 1 week to practice with the whole team and so we weren't given a lot of time.
During the group stage you tied against EG and OG who topped the group, is that a good sign for LGD, that they can make a deep run in the tournament?
- The first thing is that since we did not do well on the 2nd and 3rd day, we lack a little confidence but we have the ability to go further. When we meet the strong teams like OG and EG we will make sure we have the better drafting. Not very aggressive against them. When we meet weaker teams or teams that seem to be weaker like TNC we will try to have innovation in our drafting. We'll keep discussing it and try to get our confidence back in order to beat our opponents.
China had a lack of new talent for a long time. With CDEC and Wings this is no longer the case, how does this influence the older players having such talented young players around you?
- Until recently many teams in China relied on only the old players. Last year we did not do well but CDEC did quite well so it gave us a deep impression. Everybody thinks the older players didn't have much motivation so we tried to let the new blood bring back our motivation by bringing them in, we try to give them a lot of space to grow.
Thank you very much for taking the time to talk with me and good luck in the tournament.
- No problem, thank you.