After reading this article I started thinking to myself what I would like to see in Starcraft 3 (if it would ever get made, which is unlikely).
And I would also like to know what others are dreaming of?
My whishes would be:
- A similar campaign as the one in starcraft 2, still one of the most well crafted campaigns in any RTS.
- A sort of meta campaign comparable to Company of Heroes 2 Ardennes Assault or Dawn Of War: Dark Crusade. I think this could work very well in Starcraft, if handled properly. Not just a string of skirmishes, but some semi-random properties that change (eg. ai personality, 'weird' maps eg. floor is lava, king of the hill ...) with some persistent elements between missions (like the upgrades in the regular campaign).
- If I'm allowed to go wild: an army painter like in Dawn of War.
- Even better matchmaking in 1v1
- Controversial wish: A new race.