TI8 Main Qualifiers
- Phase 1
- Teams are placed in one group where they play in a round-robin format.
- All matches are played in a Bo1.
- Top seed qualifies for The International 2018.
- 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th placed teams advance to Phase 2.
- + Show Spoiler [Tiebreaker rules] +
1st place or elimination:
Additional set of games
Head to head result
Results against teams below them (from the one directly below them until the bottom)
Results against teams above them (from directly above them to the top)
If a tie can be broken along the way, the process is restarted (back to head-to-head)
- Phase 2
- Qualified teams compete in a double-elimination bracket.
- All matches are played in a Bo3.
- Winner of the Upper Bracket qualifies for The International 2018.
- Winner of the Lower Bracket qualifies for The International 2018.