Send all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Team Liquid has a rich tradition of volunteers. Most of our senior staff began their run as volunteers, because who better to hire than the people you already know and love. Some, like Julmust, started as volunteers and, despite now working full-time for Team Liquid, still contribute an untold amount behind the scenes on LiquidDota and tl.net.
Several TL staff have also gone on to work at other prominent esports organisations. Originally a TL writer, k-poptosis moved to Beyond The Summit to become their full time statsman - in addition to doing work directly with Valve at The International. His time at TL helped him develop both his stats skills and his resume, and when BTS were looking for a hire, we recommended him fully.
In the end, we like to think of TL as a platform. We provide you access to hundreds of thousands of Dota fans, and you, as a writer or translator, get the chance to present your work to all of them. This is your place to make your voice heard.
All applications will be responded to regardless of whether it's a yes or no. If you have been rejected in the past do not be afraid to try again. Lastly, our recruitment is always ongoing so there is no deadline on applications.
Note: All positions are unpaid and done on a strictly volunteer basis. Working on LiquidDota will give you the chance to train valuable skills, build your resume, and work with people who love Dota 2 as much as you do in a fun and rewarding environment.
On LiquidDota the writers will be responsible for creating our News coverage and Feature articles. You will be required to have knowledge of the general Dota 2 scene, and possess the ability to write interesting narratives that will drive our coverage of each league. Knowledge of specific non-English regions is a big plus! We have room for writers of all kinds here on LiquidDota, so whether you want to do analytical pieces like Playmakers: More Than Just a Role, or something more fun like this Valentine's Day article, you will have the opportunity to do so.
Here are some examples of other work we do:
- Fantasy Primers - by rabidch
- Interview with EG.Fly - by Maverick_2009
- Our infamous 2018 Power Rank
- Op-ed: The Question of Qualifier Slots - by ShiaoPi
- Black and Yellow - by OmniEulogy
- Defining Moments: Liquid vs Vici Gaming - by Julmust
How to apply
If you are interested, send an email to email@example.com containing the following information:
- Your LiquidDota.com ID and Discord information.
- Short introduction and relevant background information as it pertains to the position. Please do not send resumes.
- Availability and desired workload.
- A small sample of your writing (500-1000 words). This can be a recap/preview or any type of feature article of your choosing. If you have not done any writing in esports before you can send something non Dota related as well. However, we would prefer it to be a piece on Dota so we can judge your overall knowledge and ability.
- Please put Dota 2 writer in the email title.
Good luck friends, you'll hear back from us soon!