MDL Chengdu Major
How to enterThe document can look intimidating at first but don't worry, filling it in is easy. The completed doc will also have examples from LiquidDota staff members. We still made a quick guide for you. If you're still confused, join the Discord and we'll get you sorted!
- Overview sheet
- Enter your LiquidDota username in a free cell
- Group Stage / Playoffs sheets
- Your name will have been automatically filled in on these pages, assuming you followed the instructions above.
- Fill in your prediction, under your name, in the following format: WINNER GAMESWON-GAMESLOST
- Note that you need to use the same team names as in the leftmost column. (Aka. Mski for Mineski, PSG.LGD for LGD)
- Predictions will close with the first draft of the first map of the series.
Useful tips & tricks for the sheet
Multiple guessesAs we are w world wide community, we realize not everyone will be able to catch every single match live. This means that predicting GSL style groups can be hard, you can basically get all the matches of the day wrong by predicting one series incorrectly. To prevent this (and to allow you to get some sleep) we will allow you to enter multiple guesses for unknown matches. Here's an example of what that can look like:
As you can see I added guesses for all possible permutations for the Winners' match for Group A. I can do the same for any (or all) other groups. An admin will come by and edit the cell at some point, so your score will be correct.
The solid lineAs we're grouping games by group, and not play day, we've added a solid line to show which games are played on the same day. Here's what it looks like:
So the first three games are played on day 1, and the two remaining ones on day 2.
Do you want to annoy everyone else on the forums? Well in that case, this is the contest for you! If you win, you'll get a fancy forum title proclaiming you are the Oracle of the Chengdu Major! It will look similar to this. (Please don't win again Dirkzor, your sig is already out of hand)