Game is Freezing
|Forum Index > Dota 2 General|
On September 26 2017 03:06 lanishaqiri wrote:
Dota2 is freezing for like 3-4seconds every minute and I can't play like this Any Help Please I updated my Nvidia Driver tried to uninstall and install an older version still nothing
Can you try out CPU-Z and GPU-Z to check temperatures and load while playing? I used to get random freezes when my HDD went to sleep and then the game had to start it up again when loading some new asset.
1. Scan your PC for viruses, Avast, Avira, AVG, Panda, Comodo, etc... all have free AV, anyone will do of these will do.
2. Use Ccleaner and remove any unnecessary junk files and cache files.(make sure to deselect browser files if you want to keep ur history)
3. Defragment your hard drives.(recommended that you also clean your browsers history and do a complete optimized defrag). Auslogic disk defrag is good, Mydefrag, DeFraggler and O&O free Defrag are all good and free.
4. Download, install and use DDU in safe mode(display driver uninstaller), this will remove your previous graphic driver fully and completely(make sure to uninstall in SAFE MODE for best result).
5. Install the latest graphic drivers or the last ones you remember working properly.
6. Reinstall Dota 2, at the very least delete the cache files for the settings(great manuals online how to do this), though if you can reinstall Dota 2 completely.
7. Open your PC case and clean the dust, this is best done with canned air which you can buy at most hardware stores for like less than $2. Make sure to blow thoroughly the dust in the CPU heatsink.
With all that said its probably your mouse. Had a similar issue, turns out it was a faulty mouse.
You can thanks me later!
http://speccy.piriform.com/results/KRHmbeyw1uQeVSxFzNYIule U can see here my information about the Laptop
And I Also have installed my Dota2 Game at my Local Disk D, not my SSD, I thought that's not a problem but I will reinstall the Dota2 Try That And will let you know thank you!! :D
On September 29 2017 01:14 CHN2R wrote:
Damn I have the same problem. Random freezing 2-3 seconds every few minutes. It usually happens when dota 2 is not installed on an SSD. This time, even on SSD it freezes. Happens on the last two laptops I just bought and cycled through.
Steam folder on SSD also?